- Download T2X.rfs.zip and T2X.bin.zip files attached to this How-To and extract to PC.
- Upload the extracted T2X.bin and T2X.rfs files to MX provisioning server or another TFTP server.
- The files must be located in the root directory.
- a. Download the firmware from KBS for the ZIP36G and rename the firmware file to T66.rom.
b. Download the firmware from KBS for the ZIP33G and rename the firmware file to T61.rom
- Note case is important.
- Upload the newly renamed rom file to the provisioning server in the same location as the other files.
- Boot phone into Emergency Recovery mode by holding down the Speaker Phone button while applying power to the phone.
- Screen will display entry fields for IP address of phone, Netmask, IP Gateway and TFTP Server. Populate each as appropriate using the arrow keys to move between each block.
- Once all address details are entered press the OK key to start the recovery process.
- Once new firmware has been downloaded and applied the phone will display the normal Initializing screen.
- If “Update Fail” is displayed check all settings etc and attempt process again.
In the event of an update failure, make sure that the TFTP server you used is responding and serving the files, useing Wireshark and tcpdump to verify the server is being queried and properly serving the files to the client. Log files on the TFTP Server itself are helpful to confirm a connection attempt and files being served.